Thursday, August 16, 2007

Klong Banma

Just in so much better a mood today. Went out before noon for a 50 minute walk on the small klong, Klong Banma, at the top of our estate. I do this walk so often that I know almost to the minute how long it will be. The turn round point is a wooden bridge over the klong before we get to the railway.

I cross this bridge and look in a motor workshop yard about 100 meters up the lane. they are usually restoring old cars so it can be interesting to see what they are working on. A yellow mini was there and something from the 50s I couldn't identify.

Next to the bridge is a traditional Thai house. I looked at the roof and it probably is the original one with a square tile rather than corrugated sheeting you will more often see. The picture below shows whoever owns it is not poor. A new car and expensive wall and gates hint at that, yet the house looks almost untouched from what it would have been like 50 years ago.

No comments: