Friday, September 21, 2007

New Local Walk

I have been meaning to do this walk for a while. It's close to where I live so no driving. All up I was back home in just over an hour. I had been putting it off because it's not much of a canal, more just a wide ditch and it has pathways only in sections.

Anyway in the map below you can see it shown in blue dots. I had walked as far as I could on the southern end before and then realized, after I crossed under the motorway, that I had also walked the last couple of hundred meters on the northern end before. About the most interesting thing on this walk was having to take my shoes off to paddle through two flooded sections. The night-time rains have been heavy this last week. I did notice some more traditional style Thai houses by the side of this canal. There are far more of these than I would have thought a year ago.


No comments: