Monday, December 31, 2007

Google Earth

First, best wishes for 2008 to anyone reading this. I have a busy day ahead ending up at midnight at a hotel dinner. I had a quick, one hour, walk along the local canal. Just a pleasant day out there and not too hot.

I have added four photographs to Google Earth via the Panoramio website with some of the local sites I see on my walks. I would add many more except it takes so long for them to be accepted that it doesn't seem worth it. Hope Google can get this moving a bit. In the meantime I will stick flickr.com.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your site today and find it very cool. Happy 2008 and I look forward to reading more.

Les Abbey said...

Thanks thefix and all the best for 2008 to you also.

Unknown said...

Hi Klongwalker

Love the site. There's something fascinating about klongs, although I haven't seen as much of them as I'd like in my time in Bangkok.

Do you know if there's a reliable map of all waterways in Bangkok and indeed, Thailand? Perhaps from the Military Survey department?

All the best

Philip Rowell.

Les Abbey said...

Hello Philip

I haven't seen any up-to-date maps except for some posters that the Bangkok Metropolitan Authority have put up showing local cycle routes. Might be worth asking them. I tend to use Google Earth to find the footpaths. Recently we have been walking a large canal out near Kasemsart University.